It's been awhile...(my week in T.O.)
And it's been SO hot/humid, it's crazy! I haven't melted, fortunately. Recently got a fan and that helps a lot. Anyways, what's been happening lately... I went home for a week at the end of June to see some Navs ppl off for their one year LeaderQuest program. It was great to see them again, esp. since one of the girls I know will be in Halifax for the rest of the year! (Roadtrip! Plane trip!) I hope and pray that they are all well in Mexico as they do about two months of international experience. I went to see Star Wars Episode 3 with some friends, and in my opinion, a movie that was and wasn't worth seeing. The special effects and its history as a movie was worth it, but storyline/script was just unbelieveably ridiculous. Since I wasn't that impressed, I won't dwell on it, he he.
I met up with an old elementary school friend from back when I was in private Christian school. It turns out that getting together with her felt a little weird, because it seems we don't have much noticeably in common (or rather maybe just stuff in common to talk about, I guess). I think it would have been a little more comfortable for me if some of the other girls from our elementary school crowd were there too. I felt like I was on a first date with someone I hardly knew, he he. Luckily we had Queen Street West stores to browse and fill in some of the silence.
For Canada Day, it ended up being just me and "Mere". Don't you just hate it when an invitation is sent out about an activity and ppl don't respond at all? I felt it was rude that some people didn't even bother to say yes, no, or even maybe! Anyways, Mere and I got to hang out, have coffee, check out the Jazz festival and arts/crafts booths, dinner at East Side Mario's, the last band at Edgefest (definitely not my type of music, ha ha. it was billy talent, but by the way he was singing, i didn't think he was talented at all), and then the fireworks right along the water at Ontario Place.
I met up with an old elementary school friend from back when I was in private Christian school. It turns out that getting together with her felt a little weird, because it seems we don't have much noticeably in common (or rather maybe just stuff in common to talk about, I guess). I think it would have been a little more comfortable for me if some of the other girls from our elementary school crowd were there too. I felt like I was on a first date with someone I hardly knew, he he. Luckily we had Queen Street West stores to browse and fill in some of the silence.
For Canada Day, it ended up being just me and "Mere". Don't you just hate it when an invitation is sent out about an activity and ppl don't respond at all? I felt it was rude that some people didn't even bother to say yes, no, or even maybe! Anyways, Mere and I got to hang out, have coffee, check out the Jazz festival and arts/crafts booths, dinner at East Side Mario's, the last band at Edgefest (definitely not my type of music, ha ha. it was billy talent, but by the way he was singing, i didn't think he was talented at all), and then the fireworks right along the water at Ontario Place.
